Why Road Pitch?
“About a year ago, I was encouraged to participate in the Road Pitch contest to further my early startup, TREES ROI. The opportunity forced me to step way outside my comfort zone to tell a concise and compelling story about our business idea in only 7 minutes. I didn’t win the prize, but learned a lot, got great advice, gained confidence, and made contacts with people in our community whose kindness continues to motivate and inspire me to change the world. (… maybe I did win!). Good luck to all my fellow entrepreneurs and remember: if your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough! Road Pitch 2016 ONWARD.”
– Marie Ambusk, Founder Trees ROI, presented at Essex Road Pitch event 2015.
Road Pitch was founded in 2014 by Cairn Cross, co-founder and managing director of FreshTracks Capital. The event is a multi-day motorcycle trip around Vermont where a pack of motorcycle riders with investing, entrepreneurial/business and business advisory experience ride together and stop in small towns where “Local Hosts” have organized a pitch session for entrepreneurs to pitch their business ideas to the group. The goals of Road Pitch include:
- Connect Vermont entrepreneurs to resources such as advice and capital.
- Promote interpersonal networking and camaraderie in Vermont’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Help entrepreneurs polish and refine their pitching skills.
- Showcase entrepreneurship in Vermont through a highly visible annual event.
- Find investible opportunities for private investors/source capital for entrepreneurial businesses.
- Promote motorcycle touring and various destinations in Vermont while having fun and riding safely.